The Agency Workers Regulations ( AWR) 2010
The new EU Regulations came into force in England, Scotland and Wales on 1 October 2011.
- The Regulations give agency workers the right to the same basic working and employment conditions they would receive if they were engaged directly by an end user client to do the same job; this is limited to conditions that relate to pay and working time.
- Agency workers will also be entitled to access on-site facilities that an end user client provides to its own workers and to be advised by a client of vacancies which arise in the client’s business.
- There is a twelve week qualifying period before the main rights apply although some rights will commence on Day One.
- We have been working closley with our governing body the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) to ensure that we implement robust and compliant systems to ensure that we are in the best postion to help our clients manage our joint responsibilities under the regulations.
- Our terms and conditions of business for the supply of temporary workers or Ltd Company Contractors have now changed to reflect the new statutory obligations placed upon us and our clients. Please click click here to download a copy.;
The recruitment of permanent staff is not affected by these regulations.
- Please click here to view further information.
updated: 9 October 2011